Trucking is an integral part of our economy and has become increasingly so due to online shopping and high demand to have products delivered right to your doorstep.
During the course of day-to-day operations, a lot can happen and potentially go wrong. At McFarlan Rowlands, our experienced brokers are ready to help you find the coverage you need so that you and your business are prepared for the worst.
When considering insurance for your trucking business, it’s important to make sure you have the right coverage for the specific risks your business faces.
Typically, a trucking company will insure for the following lines of coverage:
- Commercial Auto Insurance, which is required for any business that uses a vehicle for commercial use beyond what a personal auto insurance policy would cover.
- General Liability, which protects your business from relatively common at-fault errors, including customer or employee injuries, property damage, driver mistakes or errors, legal fees, and more. This type can range from coverage of property or auto, depending on your needs.
- Cargo Insurance, which is designed to protect items being hauled while they are in transit.
If you are an owner-operator, McFarlan Rowlands would provide you with a policy that includes the coverages noted above but geared specifically for individual operators driving their own truck. This type of plan is geared towards owner-operators also being business owners.
Additional coverage options that can be incorporated into your insurance policy include, but are not limited to:
- Business Interruption coverage
- Oversize/Overweight permits
- Trailer Interchange
- Bobtail/Deadheading liability
- Cross Boarder coverages
Contact McFarlan Rowlands today to learn more about your trucking insurance options. Our brokers are prepared to help you customize and manage the best policy for you.